Friday, June 26, 2009

New in Town: Part 5

The next day was the one day Dad let me go outside and hang out with my friends, so i went to Kelsy's house at 8:45am just to get an early start.

I knocked on the front door of Kelsy's house. A woman with messy, dirty blonde hair, tears on her cheeks, and pajamas opened the door, "Y-Yes?" she said, she was still crying, "Sorry for coming so early. Is Kelsy awake?" The woman got more tears in her eyes and responded, "Haven't you heard?" I was puzzled, "Heard what?" The woman bursted out in tears and whispered, "Kelsy is dead."

I ran home crying. I slammed the door and stomped up the stairs. "Laura?" called my mom. I kicked my bed and threw my pillows and ripped paper. The door knocked, "What?!?" Mom walked in and saw my crying on my bed. She sat down by me, "Are you okay?" I sighed and shook my head, "Kelsy is dead, and i don't know why." Mom sighed and said she knew why, "Kelsy wasn't feeling good last night. She had a 105 fever and almost a 106. She was burning up like a stove. Her family brought her to the hospital and the doctor said she had the swine flu. They treated her for hours into the night, until at 4:32am, her heart stopped pumping."


Now I am 26 years old.
I never forgot the day she met me.

I never forgot the walks we took.

I never forgot her voice.

I never forgot her smile.

I never forgot her hair.



I never forgot what a true friend Kelsy Lee James really was.

1 comment:

  1. wooooooooooooooow! nice drama stroy!! i love it!

    ReplyDelete